I love crumble cakes & this recipe of Donal Skehan really caught my attention . I've baked this cake few times & even for my son's 18th birthday . He always requests for apple cake for his birthday so this cake fit the bill perfectly . He like thi lovely soft apple-licious cake with rich buttery crumb topping . I simply love just how moist & flavourful is this cake , perfect for a tea time break . I can easily eat half of this cake but luckily my hubby & sons finished it before I can have another slice ! Why 'luckily' ??!! Then I don't have to spend another hour to burn all those calories in the gym ! LOL
This post is linked to Little Thumbs Up event organized by Zoe of Bake For Happy Kids with Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY & hosted this month by me , Kit fromI-Lost in Austen . To join this event & link with us at this post
Irish Apple Crumble Cake
Recipe from Donal Skehan
150g light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp milk
210g flour –sifted
1 Tbsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
1 Tsp ground cinnamon
300g apples – peeled, cored & sliced ( I’ve diced them)
50g vanilla sugar (can be substitude with caster sugar)
1) Preheat oven to
180°C . Grease & line cake tin .
2) Cream butter & sugar till pale in a large mixing bowl .
3) Add eggs , one at a time & mix till well combined .
4) Fold in flour, baking powder, salt & cinnamon . Blend well till resembles a thick cake batter .
5) Add in apple slices & mix well till well combined . Pour into cake tin & spread evenly .
6) For the crmble topping : Combine sugar & flour into a large bowl . Rub butter into the flour mixture using your finger tips to make a breadcrumb texture . Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly on top of the batter & bake for 40 – 45 mins till lovely golden brown or till the skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean . Enjoy